Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Berlin/Lisbon for review: iFi iDSD Diablo 2

Darko Audio

Our recent video coverage of the Sony Xperia 1 V smartphone revealed its 3.5mm headphone output to be serviceable but nothing more. However, a headphone socket wasn’t the only reason I put down cash on the Sony. Its internals come kitted out with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Sound chipset to support aptX Lossless. Paired with a similarly equipped receiver, lossless CD-quality streaming over a Bluetooth audio connection comes strolling into view. The Sony smartphone had laid the foundation for aptX Lossless. What I needed now was an aptX Lossless-capable receiver…

…and at time of writing, there aren’t many of those. The Denon Perl Pro and Bose QC Ultra Earbuds are two. I’ve already purchased both. Initial testing reveals that both the Denon and the Bose show an aptX Adaptive connection when paired with the Xperia 1 V.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Diablo-2-FI2.webp
Views:	36
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	335
    Portable Hi-Res DAC/Amp for headphones, featuring xMEMS, aptX Lossless, LDAC, 5,180mW output, and support for IEM, 4.4mm, and 6.3mm.

This is one mean bit of kit! At $1,299US it better perform well.

More...
    Attached Files

I used to have a Ray Samuels Audio "The Hornet" headphone amp which I wished I'd never gotten rid of. It worked fabulously with my H130 and H340. Big mistake on my part. Perhaps someday i'll get another. Obviously not in the same league as this iFi unit, but nice none the less.

$370
    do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten

Comment

Working...
    X