Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still own/listen to their iriver device(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still own/listen to their iriver device(s)?

I know it's been a long time, but wondering if anyone still has or is using their iriver players?? I'm still rocking my 30gb modded iHP-120 and occasionally the H340.
    do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten

Every day! I bought my H340 in Sydney in 2005, and love it. I used it every day walking across Sydney to work. (I live in London) It was very expensive back then, but is the best piece of music kit I ever bought. I didn't change to Rockbox, and the only modification I made was to change the battery 6 or 7 years ago. A few months back, it started to get very hot and would suddenly shut down. I changed the battery again, which didn't really help, so I put the old battery back into it. And now it works fine for some reason. A few weeks back I bought a near-mint H320 on ebay...£65. Couldn't resist it. It is in its original box, with all the accessories and is working perfectly except the battery had very limited life. I have put a new battery in it, and it is perfect. So now I have two irivers... ok this is too much information. But there's more. I've just bought a non-working H340 for £10. I'm hoping that it's just a battery problem, but its worth a try. Anyway I could't do without my iriver. I have had a series of cheap Chinese mp3 players, and I have one now. But I still prefer my clunky, heavy iriver(s).
    Phew. Glad I got that all off my chest...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark PP View Post
      Phew. Glad I got that all off my chest...
      Hey Mark! forgive me as it's been at least 12yrs, but were you on the original misticriver.net site? I'm assuming so since you found your way back.
      Awesome to hear about the new purchase. The H300 series are extremely nice little players and can be left stock or modded fairly easily.

Comment

I think I was! Long time ago. I've just this morning bought a H10 (the 20GB one, on ebay). The last thing I need is another iriver, given the number of ears I have, but it was only £20 it is in good condition, and I couldn't resist it as I don't have one. And the music that is already on it looks excellent too....that's what swayed me. I have to stop buying these things now. surely 4 is enough....unless of course I see a H140 at a good price...

Comment

You'll die knowing that back in Aug 2021 I had an estate sale... sold ALL my iriver stuff accumulated over the past 18yrs (at that point). 2 Brand New in box H120's, a rare H100, rarer H115, had approx 12 used H120's that went, spare parts, drives, H10, N10, iFP-790?, remotes, cases, etc..... hated to let it all go but needed to at the time.

Comment

What a loss...

Comment

I still occasionally use my H120 around the house and regularly use my old t30 when mowing.

Comment

I thought this forum had long gone!

I got my H340 while in Sydney in January 2005, pretty much used it daily for the next 10 years then less frequently for the years there after, usually use it when traveling connected to a speaker or in one of my cars.

I was given a ipod compatible speaker dock about 12 years ago but never had an ipod so thought i'd get one a few years ago to live on that. it's a 30Gb video. Both the iPod and iRiver have Rockbox installed and i recently took the iRiver out with me to an open mic night at a local pub to record the audio and see how that performed, it did brilliantly, many questions over what this device was!

I have my original H340, though that one died when i connected the wrong charge cable.. a while later i inherited the GF at the times H340 as she bought one on my recommendation after buying and selling a H10 due to inferior (imo) user interface and the ability to transfer music to it.

So, original, inherited H340 and the iPod video, all were running RockBOX.

hopefully many more years usage out of them. (even the iPod)

Comment

Incidentally, I have an InSkin installed on my original one (couldn't think for the life of me what it was actually called)

there was a piece of software, H3Tool, don't suppose anyone still has a copy of it do they?

Comment

Originally posted by tallika_fan View Post
                    I thought this forum had long gone!

I got my H340 while in Sydney in January 2005, pretty much used it daily for the next 10 years then less frequently for the years there after, usually use it when traveling connected to a speaker or in one of my cars.

I was given a ipod compatible speaker dock about 12 years ago but never had an ipod so thought i'd get one a few years ago to live on that. it's a 30Gb video. Both the iPod and iRiver have Rockbox installed and i recently took the iRiver out with me to an open mic night at a local pub to record the audio and see how that performed, it did brilliantly, many questions over what this device was!

I have my original H340, though that one died when i connected the wrong charge cable.. a while later i inherited the GF at the times H340 as she bought one on my recommendation after buying and selling a H10 due to inferior (imo) user interface and the ability to transfer music to it.

So, original, inherited H340 and the iPod video, all were running RockBOX.

hopefully many more years usage out of them. (even the iPod)
                    It had gone back in 2012ish.... but a few months ago i thought, what the heck, let's bring it back in modern form and have it available for whomever wants to talk! Great to see you back.

Probably iSkin... I sold those for a while at misticaudio back in the day.

Comment

Naturally I use my H340 every day. The battery lost capacity years ago so the clip-on pack with x4 AA's lives on it now. Recently I discovered that there is still about 2hrs playing time in the original battery - it charges up when the AA pack is connected. This H340 still delivers very satisfying sounds despite being 30+ yrs old!!

Comment

Glad to hear that! Gotta throw love to these beautiful pieces of technology!
                        Welcome (back?) to misticriver!

Comment

Working...
                        X